Friday
I awoke and the other shoe dropped. It's official, the beans have been spilled. Was in a state of shock for some time, recollected myself, took a hot shower and headed to the city for dim sum at Dragon Palace. Bumped into Ying Ying at Supre. She arrived that morning, and was leaving the same night on the flight before mine. Such a small small world, or rather.. that shows how small Perth City is. Hendric came over to cook, soba miso soup smoked salmon yuums :) Major spring cleaning till midnight!
Saturday was one of super high blood pressure early morning. Rather sorry for the poor person who changed his flight to mine only to get lashed instead. Crankiness probably due to my extreme lack of shut-eye over the last 3-4 days, averaging 3 hours a day with completely zilch sleep last night. Very thankful to TT who accompanied me through the night on msn while I packed till 5ish am. All I did, was EAT. Left Perth with a very hearty breakfast at Dome, touched down and jap- lunched at the club, headed home where I KOed till dinner at Haato followed by grocery shopping at Jelita which amounted to 200+ and it felt a very weird not seeing Arnott's/Smith's/jumbo 750g cereal boxes everywhere :(
Sunday was daddy's birthday. For once, it was dinner at home because this year is special. Dajie made a fruit salad which was really pretty, Jon did pork/beef kebabs with (very yummy) Halloumi cheese, Mom made 1kg of glutinous rice which was polished clean with not a grain left, someone brought oxtail stew and I made a baked vegetable casserole thing :) Lots and lots of good wine, including Daddy's last precious bottle of 1998 St Andrew's Cab Sav. That bottle goes a long way back in WA and everybody present last night was part of the story as we were all in WA together and wonderful memories were brought back while sipping the cab sav. Then uncle Albert brought a 250dollar bottle of 2003 Saltram Shiraz and it was yums followed by a Vasse Felix 2002 Cab Sav which we got in 2004 from Margaret River and again brought back reminisces of our WA trip. Last bottle of the night was MY FAVOURITE Moscato from Mad Fish! It was a desert wine, also the cheapest but nicest hehe :) I was glad dad enjoyed himself, haven't seen him laughed till he cried before so I guess our surprise party was mission accomplished :)




1 comment:
You're back in spore?
Post a Comment